Trim Switch at Wheel - which type? Trim Switch at Wheel - which type?
Bass Fishing Home PageTM    Boats and Motors  


Boating Equip.
Tackle Shops
Fishing Acc.


Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Boat Ramp Stories
Other Topics
Other Fishing Topics
Swap/Sell (no boats)
Props 4 Sale

Boats 4 Sale
Saltwater Fishing
Striped Bass
Lure Making
OBX Wildlife Photos
More Politics

Boats and Motors

    Trim Switch at Wheel - which type?
from Pete (  
2/26/2001 8:00:00 AM


 I'm going to instal a Hotfoot in my boat & a trim switch located at the wheel. I will either get the "turn signal type" or the unit that mounts near the outside of the wheel. I would appreciate any comments on which is easier to use. Thanks in advance ...........Pete

Rate this message:
1 Star

2 Star

3 Star

4 Star

5 Star

   Trim Switch from Ron from FL  2/26/2001 8:11:00 AM
 Pete - I've had three different ones. Floor mount, Steering wheel mount and Turn Signal and the turn signal is the best in my opinion. Not hard to install and very easy to use. - Ron

   Turn signal type trim switch. from Bob Davis  2/26/2001 8:18:00 AM
 Pete, I would recommend the turn signal type trim switch. It is always in the same place, so you never have to hunt for it like you would with those buttons on the wheel. I had one on the wheel and it was a piece of junk. The wires kept breaking from flexing inside the plastic housing that mounted behind the steering wheel. Every time you turn the steering wheel, you are coiling and flexing copper stranded wire. The turn signal type is far superior and you don't have to modify your steering wheel either. I have had the turn signal type for over a year with no problems. Good luck, Bob

   The turn signal type is the best from Hydrilla  2/26/2001 9:20:00 AM
 I have had one on the steering wheel and currently have the turn signal type, and it is the best by far. It's always in the same place, if you need to operate the trim while turning then you have to hunt for the wheel-style one.

   Turn Signal tilt trim, jackplate from Rick K (  2/26/2001 1:34:00 PM
 At the Storm Factory we install the turn signal switch by Teleflex for the tilt/trim. We also use the double one if folks want a hydraulic jackplate switch near the wheel. If you are using hydraulic steering, the old coiled wire switch won't work. With HS the wheels do not return to dead center. There is a contact type switch but we'll stick with the Teleflex switch. TH Marine also makes a turn signal type. Remember the blue wire represents the sky--which is up!The green wire represents the grass,which is down!

Rick the Stormaker

   Thanks Guys - Looks like you saved me someTime, Grief, & Money! from Pete (  2/26/2001 2:34:00 PM



Can't remember your password? Click here!
Email Address:

Users with subscriptions can attach pictures to their comments by using the form at"




Advertising/Sponsor Information

Register to post messages and reports


Subscribers don't receive these ads

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Upcoming Events
Rally Page
BFHP Surveys
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Other Topics
Product Evaluations

Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers & Towing
Boats For Sale
Tournament Tactics
Striped Bass

Fly Fishing
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing 2
Political Hook
Tall Tales, Fiction & Legend
Complete Listing of Boards
Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2017. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement