Lure Making
More Politics
Co-Anglers

Electronics

Help Combo-C-Lector
from Mike (216.234.193.156)  
2/7/2001 3:19:00 PM

Rated:

Can anyone tell me how to use this unit? I bought it at a garage sale and I need to get an instruction manual for this of if someone can tell me how to use it. thanks in advance and "GOOD FISHIN'"<% if strcomp("gerryb",inname,1)= 0 then %>

User notes
Mike "GUMBO"

<% end if %>

Rate this message:
1 Star

2 Star

3 Star

4 Star

5 Star

color c-lector from mcgolfer  2/8/2001 9:06:00 AM
 unit has a nine volt battery that goes in the bottom. it has an on and off switch. turn unit onand unwind the cable with the probe and drop it in the water. the probe is the the the thing that is attached to the cable. the face of the unit has 3 rings of color on the face. when you drop the probe in the water the needle will move on the unit and recomend what color lure to use. now to the three different rings. when you drop the into the water stop it at 2 ft. if you can't see the probe you are fishing muddy water and you should use the outside ring to choose your color of lure. the needle will move as the unit goes deeper. decide what depth the fish are located with a fish finder and drop the probe of the color selector to that depth or just above it and read what color the unit is pointing to and use it. now to the other color bands on the face of the unit. when you drop the probe if you can't see the probe in the water at 2 ft you are in muddy water. if it dissapears between 2ft and 4ft you are fishing stained water and need to use the middle color range.if you can still see it after 4ft you are fishing clear water and need to use the inside color range to help in the selection of you baits. hope this helps i am not sure but some of these units also had water ph meters on them and some had water temp. on them if your unit has the ph feature search for water that has the ph reading at 9.5 or better. fish seem to be more ative in the higher ph water. if your lake has a ph reading lower than 9.5 search the lake taking different readings and concentrate your fishing in the area that has the higest ph. also remember that fish hold on structure and all this piece fo equipment will do is help you narrow down were to fish and what color to use. you still have to be in the right place at the right time and have luck on your side but quality electronics will increase you odds of catching fish when used correctly. rick

To Rick from Mike (216.234.197.144)  2/8/2001 9:00:00 PM
 Hey thanks a lot Rick. all this info is going to help a bunch.I heard that the Ph level should be around 7.8 is this true? thanks again. "GUMBO"

ph from mcgolfer  2/8/2001 9:31:00 PM
 you may be right on the ph number. i haven't used this system in over 10 years and the information i gave you was from memory not from a manual. the ph numbers vary from lake to lake and areas in each lake. use the unit and it will help you catch more fish. rick

Name:

Password:

Can't remember your password? Click here!
State:
Email Address:

Users with subscriptions can attach pictures to their comments by using the form at http://www.wmi.org/newboard/upload_pictures/"

Subject:

Comments:

Advertising/Sponsor Information
Subscriptions
Register to post messages and reports

7-11-2013

Subscribers don't receive these ads

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Upcoming Events
Rally Page
BFHP Surveys
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Other Topics
Product Evaluations

Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers & Towing
Boats For Sale
Tournament Tactics
Striped Bass

Swap/Sell
Clubs 
Fly Fishing
Hunting
Props
Fish4
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing
Political Hook
Tall Tales, Fiction & Legend
Complete Listing of Boards
Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2014. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to wmi@wmi.org

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement

Google