OBX Wildlife Photos
More Politics
Co-Anglers

Electronics

Locating shad with a fish finder
from Don T (216.10.181.54)  
2/7/2001 7:30:00 PM

Rated:

I want to purchase a fish finder that will show schooling shad in a freshwater lake in N.C.<% if strcomp("gerryb",inname,1)= 0 then %>

User notes

<% end if %>

Rate this message:
1 Star

2 Star

3 Star

4 Star

5 Star

Finder from RocFish (152.163.207.201)  2/7/2001 9:07:00 PM
 Post your question on the STRIPED BASS page. Ask those guys what they use. I use an older Lowrance X70A and see them well....RocFish

F. f. from J. m. (208.191.140.11)  2/7/2001 11:22:00 PM
 X85 garmin 240 pinpoint 7520 X15 any one ot theise should do it. Jerry

don't go overboard. from Abro (152.163.213.46)  2/8/2001 5:34:00 AM
 i have used a eagle cheap fishfinder, for years. no problem seeing them, but would recomend buying garmin 240. can;t wait to use my new garmin on shad this year. they run the delaware river by the thousands. good luck!

Look at this! from Rick La Point - Chauffeured GuideService  2/8/2001 8:17:00 AM
 Actual screens from my PinPoint 7500 and 7520 last year. Go to http://www.strikebass.com/pinpoint.html This is a fish finder!

Rick La Point
Rick's Chauffeured Guide Service
Email: rick@strikebass.com
3322 S. Kimbrough
Springfield, MO 65807
1-800-869-2210
Prostaff for Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Center City Marine, Jim Grandt Custom Rods, H3O, S. O. B. Lures, KickNBass, The Rod Bob, Budz Fishin' Wayz (Bobby Garland Gitzits), Jerry's Tournament Tackle, Silver Buddy, Bag-em Products

Good Fishing and God Bless!

Shad from fishnhunt00 (216.141.186.67)  2/9/2001 3:11:00 PM
 We use the Lowrance LMS350-A. The 350 is a great unit inshore and off. Includes GPS capability and can run multiple transucers. Hard to beat, until they came out with the new color units, those are nice. Good fishin!

Garmin 240 works very well from dholmes (208.193.186.161)  2/13/2001 10:31:00 PM
 I have a garmin 240. When you see that black cloud on the screen, you can throw your cast net and there will be shad. Its works very well. The first time I installed the 240, I was needing shad for Striper fishing on Lake Whitney. I went to a local shallow lake to give it a try. It was very cold and the guy at the park gate told me the shad were not to be found. I launched the boat and cruised around for about 10 minutes when a black cloud showed on the screen near the bottom. I stopped the motor, threw my castnet and pulled in Two dozen 4" gizzard shad. One throw and I was ready to head to Lake Whitney. I was very impressed. I have repeated this many times on Lake Whitney as well. It shows suspended fish just as well. See Three Rivers when you decide to purchase a unit. Good prices, very good service and can help you with technical questions as well. Good luck!

Name:

Password:

Can't remember your password? Click here!
State:
Email Address:

Users with subscriptions can attach pictures to their comments by using the form at http://www.wmi.org/newboard/upload_pictures/"

Subject:

Comments:

Advertising/Sponsor Information
Subscriptions
Register to post messages and reports

7-11-2013

Subscribers don't receive these ads

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Upcoming Events
Rally Page
BFHP Surveys
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Other Topics
Product Evaluations

Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers & Towing
Boats For Sale
Tournament Tactics
Striped Bass

Swap/Sell
Clubs 
Fly Fishing
Hunting
Props
Fish4
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing 2
Political Hook
Tall Tales, Fiction & Legend
Complete Listing of Boards
Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2014. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to wmi@wmi.org

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement

Google