Lure Making
More Politics
Co-Anglers

Electronics

Stan Sloan Black light
from Ron (67.162.193.109)  
1/30/2002 12:20:00 PM

Rated:

Im looking at adding the Stan Sloan blacklight kit to my Triton 21 order. It appears the kit is 2 lights for $661 and then there is a plug order number for 4 plugs for $361.

Does the kit include the 2 lights and the 4 plugs? Is there a website that I can look at stans system. Would it be less expensive to buy the plugs and have Triton install them and buy the lights seperately? Where would I look to buy them?

Thank you,

Rate this message:
1 Star

2 Star

3 Star

4 Star

5 Star

blacklight from country cousin (12.145.73.36)  1/30/2002 2:57:00 PM
  There is one listed at the following address for $89 - $129.

http://www.bassbuckandduck.com/stan_sloan_blacklight.htm

If it was Me from Jerkbait (205.188.198.37)  1/30/2002 4:24:00 PM
 I would have Triton do it and I would also get the 4 plugs if you do any night fishing to speek of.I still don't understand why Ranger stoped doing it.........Jerkbait

Stan Sloan lights are $89 each, includes 2 jacks. from bonefish  1/30/2002 4:57:00 PM
 At Bass Pro. All you need is 2 lights @ $89 ea., install 4 jacks and go fishing.

Thanks for the great advice from Ron (67.162.193.109)  1/30/2002 6:53:00 PM
 I spent a good chunk of time today researching this and its amazing to me that Triton would charge 3X the price of the units. The installation should be 10 minutes on the line without the cap installed or at least during wiring the boat? The dealer said he would sell me the 4 plugs and the on off switch for $261 at his cost and I will go to BPS or to the above website to buy the units. This way Triton covers the wiring for 3 years and with some salt water use, it may pay off. Thanks again!

I'm gonna call Triton tomorrow and get... from John in Tennessee  1/31/2002 12:10:00 AM
 their black light trade...That is a crock...and people want to know why I don't trust dealers.....

The dealer is OK from Ron (67.162.193.109)  1/31/2002 12:33:00 AM
 The dealer couldn't do any more than he did and thats sell me the option at his cost. Since I want Triton to install the plugs, I am willing to pay some premium for that installation but I think they are taking advantage of the mark up. I can see marking up the boat as its your design and structural costs as well as labor need to be offset but taking a $100 item and charging 2-3 times for something that you have no cost into seems too high. Triton has a reputation growing for being too expensive on the options.

At this point, I'm ordering my Trolling motor from an independent, my electronics from Lowrance directly, the CMC hydro jack from the dealer and now the black light from Sloan himself. I am also looking into a private cover vs the acrylic Aurora cover that seems to be 2-3 years behind the Ranger cover quality I had on my last 2 boats. Maybe Triton should be happy with 30-40% markup vs losing the business completely. These unneccesary mark ups are one of the reasons the boats dont hold there values as well.

As for the dealer, he has been very fair with me and is doing all he can to keep me satisfied, which at this point I am. I trust my experience with Triton will be as positive as my one with Ranger as they both have great customer service reputations. It's kind of like having a baby, once it's born, it is a pleasure to have around but during the pregnancy (production) there can sometimes be discomfort.

Could you explain a few things? from Tsuriki  1/31/2002 3:42:00 AM
 I have followed this thread with interest. Even went to the web site and looked at the lights. However...I still can't figure out what they are used for, how they are mounted, why they "work".

Could someone explain.

Thanks.

Tsuriki

black lights... from bonefish  1/31/2002 7:39:00 AM
 They are used for night fishing. Under black light, fluoroescent and photochromic monofilament line looks like a glowing rope so you can see your line as you fish.

The Stan Sloan lights mount on the gunnels via suction cups and the electric connection is via jack & plug. Holes must be drilled in the gunnels, port & starboard, fore & aft, by each pedestal seat to mount the plugs. The wires are fished from the aft bilge compartment up each side...

Hope this is a good explanation.

bonefish...thanks but.... from Tsuriki  1/31/2002 8:13:00 AM
 what kind of fishing? (I should of included this in my post)

Wiring looks like basically the same as for my rail mounted electric downriggers.

Very interesting....

Tsuriki

I mean...fishing for what kind of fish...nm from Tsuriki  1/31/2002 8:17:00 AM
 /

night fishing from Ron (67.162.193.109)  1/31/2002 10:27:00 AM
 Night fishing for Bass can be fantastic and many times the bigger fish are active at night. Many clubs have night tournaments in the heat of the summer and they can be a blast. I will also be using them for night fishing redfish and speckled trout. The days are extreemly hot here and many times the best fishing is just before dusk and into the night. The lights also help you in tying knots as the line glows.

Thanks, Ron..nm from Tsuriki  2/1/2002 5:09:00 PM
 /

Name:

Password:

Can't remember your password? Click here!
State:
Email Address:

Users with subscriptions can attach pictures to their comments by using the form at http://www.wmi.org/newboard/upload_pictures/"

Subject:

Comments:

Advertising/Sponsor Information
Subscriptions
Register to post messages and reports

7-11-2013

Subscribers don't receive these ads

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Upcoming Events
Rally Page
BFHP Surveys
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Other Topics
Product Evaluations

Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers & Towing
Boats For Sale
Tournament Tactics
Striped Bass

Swap/Sell
Clubs 
Fly Fishing
Hunting
Props
Fish4
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing 2
Political Hook
Tall Tales, Fiction & Legend
Complete Listing of Boards
Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2014. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to wmi@wmi.org

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement

Google