OBX Wildlife Photos
More Politics
Co-Anglers

Electronics

Opinions on Si-Tex AVS-107
from Brian Miller (130.85.16.42)  
3/18/2002 6:41:00 PM

Rated:

In addition to attempting to make a decision between a Furuno LS6000 and a Garmin 240 (leaning towards the Garmin) I saw a Si-Tex AVS-107 demo on sale at a local Boat U.S. for $199 including transducer. Regular price is $449. It is a 120 KHz unit with 200 watt power output, but a CRT. Has anyone used this unit. I fish mostly saltwater 20 ft. to 100 ft. deep. Is this a good unit? Would it give me accurate readings in shallow water? I'm a little concerned about the low power as well. I don't really have a good feeling about this unit, but if someone else can convince me otherwise, it is a great price. Also included is the sun hood, which is good as I have a center console. Thanks for you help.

Rate this message:
1 Star

2 Star

3 Star

4 Star

5 Star

Si-tex 107 from Sean (24.186.143.155)  3/18/2002 7:42:00 PM
 The Si-tex 107 is not a bad unit. But on a center console first of all crt's are not waterproof.Second a 120KHz will not show you the definition as good as a 200KHz unit will.I too am faced with which depth finder to get for my new boat a 20 foot center console. Its a tough choice. The Lowrance X91 looks good and so does the Furuno 600L.I have also read good reports on the Furuno LS6000.Good Luck hope this helps

Avs-107 from Brian Miller (130.85.16.42)  3/18/2002 8:12:00 PM
 Sean,

Thanks for you input. I knew CRT fishfinders weren't waterproof. I was only considering as I have an enclosed electronics box in my console that would easily accomodate it and keep it out of the elements. My main question was concerning the 120 KHz and you answered that. I had the same suspicion but needed to hear it from someone else. I guess it's back to the 240 Blue/LS6000 decision. Lowest prices I've found so far are $308 for the Garmin from onlinemarine.com in FL and $262 for the Furuno from bethel-marine.com in NC. My previous lowest prices were from boatfix.com in NJ, so the differences in shipping would probably about equal out. I should have this decision made by tomorrow. Thanks again for the info.

Brian

107 from Nightides (24.191.82.219)  3/18/2002 11:31:00 PM
 I have the Sitex CVS106 which is the color equal to the unit you were considering. I operate it with the 120 ducer and fish shallow [10-70'] all the time. Never a problem; ever. I also run the Lowrance 350A at the same time and the Sitex gives me more info.

Mid shore electronics from Hawkeye (129.86.240.193)  3/19/2002 12:52:00 AM
  At the recent boat show I came across the Mid Shore Electronics booth. I spoke with Frank. He said the y will match or beat any chain store price on top shelf electronics. He is also very technical versed and was not pushing any one product. They service most brands in house so they kinda know problem units. The web link is below but give them a call for pricing. Ask for Frank. I just got a JRC2000 Radar for 869$, have not seen it lower anyware. They are in Md and might be local for you.

http://www.mid-shore-electronics.com/

Name:

Password:

Can't remember your password? Click here!
State:
Email Address:

Users with subscriptions can attach pictures to their comments by using the form at http://www.wmi.org/newboard/upload_pictures/"

Subject:

Comments:

Advertising/Sponsor Information
Subscriptions
Register to post messages and reports

7-11-2013

Subscribers don't receive these ads

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Upcoming Events
Rally Page
BFHP Surveys
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Other Topics
Product Evaluations

Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers & Towing
Boats For Sale
Tournament Tactics
Striped Bass

Swap/Sell
Clubs 
Fly Fishing
Hunting
Props
Fish4
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing 2
Political Hook
Tall Tales, Fiction & Legend
Complete Listing of Boards
Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2014. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to wmi@wmi.org

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement

Google