Converting Waypoints from huminbird to Lowrance Converting Waypoints from huminbird to Lowrance
Bass Fishing Home PageTM    Electronics  
Boating Equip.
Guides
Tackle Shops
Fishing Acc.
Lodging

7-11-2013

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Tournaments
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers/Towing
Props
Other Topics
Other Fishing Topics
Swap/Sell
Swap/Sell (no boats)
Props 4 Sale

Boats 4 Sale
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing
Striped Bass
Lure Making
OBX Wildlife Photos
More Politics
Co-Anglers

Electronics

Converting Waypoints from huminbird to Lowrance
from Hellathump #12313  
10/18/2010 8:24:43 PM

Rated:

Guys i have my wayponts on a sd/mmc card and need to switch them from humminbird to lowrance. Can anyone walk me thru this process. Thanks again !

Rate this message:
1 Star

2 Star

3 Star

4 Star

5 Star

No one can help? from Hellathump #12313  10/19/2010 11:59:13 PM
 No one has any info about how to tranfer waypoints..

Converter from Wayne P.  10/20/2010 10:20:59 AM
  http://www.cosports.com/index.php/tool/tools/latlong
   I see a problem with that coverter system.. from Hellathump #12313  10/20/2010 7:44:40 PM
 i have about 300 brush piles i have to convert. There has to be a easier way then to manually enter the coordinates one ata time...Theres no way i will do it off that web site

is there from MikeF  10/21/2010 9:08:42 AM
 Does anyone make a mapping software that works with both brands?

Bulk Converter from Wayne P.  10/21/2010 12:18:46 PM
  Here is a bulk file converter:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel

Gps from Skipper  10/22/2010 1:02:04 PM
 This is a subject that has had me flustered for a while and I'm still not 100% satisfied with the results. I had a Garmin 276C in my truck and a 172 on my boat. The 172 quit when I wrecked the boat about 5 years ago. I still used the 276 both on the water and in the truck. I fish, hunt, guide elk hunts, and work a business that makes it handy to have my client's locations waypointed on my GPS. That 276c was the stuff to have. I had road maps on it, topo maps, lake maps, hot maps. I could find a gravel haul road in the mountains and save my tracks on the 150,000 acre elk WMA in southeast KY. The 276 finally got tired of the 100 + degree cooking it got daily for 8 years sitting on my dash and quit. I had to get a replacement.

Garmin's new units won't use the mapping software and won't load up the waypoints. Oh, they have the Mickey Mouse road gps's for momma's mini van but that won't track you into a WMA and get you back to the road in the fog or after dark. Then there's 800+ customer locations gps'd over the last several years that are valuable to my business.

Hummingbird offers no highway maps for their GPS units.

I ended up with a Lowrance HDS5. and a Map Create 7 software package. I found out that Map Create 7 will not work at all with Vista64 or Win764. I had to dig out an old computer with XP and set it up for the sole purpose of programming the dang GPS card. Finally after fighting with it and being told by the Lowrance Customer-NoService that I shouldn't have bought the Map Create because they didn't support it any longer I figured it out and now have it going.

To me, the maps and my waypoints and tracks are very important to me. The little road map jobs do not do me a whole lot of good. It seems like we had a more useful product 8 to 10 years ago than we have now.

To answer the original question, if the waypoints can be converted from the file a program called "ExpertGPS" can do it. You can download a trial version and use it for a few weeks without paying. I used it to convert the Garmin file to a GPX file then loaded that into the Lowrance unit and it worked for me.

Wayne from Hellathump #12313  10/23/2010 11:02:48 PM
 That worked like a charm. Thanks again

Name:

Password:

Can't remember your password? Click here!
State:
Email Address:

Users with subscriptions can attach pictures to their comments by using the form at http://www.wmi.org/newboard/upload_pictures/"

Subject:

Comments:

Advertising/Sponsor Information
Subscriptions
Register to post messages and reports

7-11-2013

Subscribers don't receive these ads

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Upcoming Events
Rally Page
BFHP Surveys
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Other Topics
Product Evaluations

Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers & Towing
Boats For Sale
Tournament Tactics
Striped Bass

Swap/Sell
Clubs 
Fly Fishing
Hunting
Props
Fish4
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing 2
Political Hook
Tall Tales, Fiction & Legend
Complete Listing of Boards
Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2014. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to wmi@wmi.org

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement

Google