Lure Making
More Politics
Co-Anglers

Electronics

Lowrance HDS 7 Temp Problem
from itsez88  
10/29/2010 2:36:34 PM

Rated:

I continue to lose my temp reading on HDS 7. Following are steps Lowrance Tech Rep gave me that wouold permanently fix the problem. Not true.

Temp Fix

1. Menu Twice
2. Network Enter
3. Data Source Enter
4. Menu Enter
5. Reset Global Enter
6. Yes
7. Enter
8. OK
9. Menu Once
10. Reset Local Enter
11. Yes
Exit

Rate this message:
1 Star

2 Star

3 Star

4 Star

5 Star

which temp sensor are you using? from Todd Driscoll  10/29/2010 6:55:46 PM
 A transducer temp sensor or a network temp sensor (EP-35 or EP-80)? Then, we can walk thru the steps to add whichever one you have as overlay data. Digital depth, speed, time, etc. are all overlay data and can be found/edited under Menu, Menu, Page.

You indicate this isn't the first time you have lost temp. How often is this occurring? Obviously, you shouldn't lose temp, so you may have a bad sensor or network connection.

Transducer That Came w/Unit from itsez88  10/30/2010 4:59:39 AM
 The transducer that came with the HDS 7. It worked fine the first month but now I lose reading (on temp only) every time I turn on the unit. The HDS 5 on the trolling motor works fine. All other overlay data on both units works fine on all pages.

didn't forget, been out of town from Todd Driscoll  11/2/2010 9:37:44 PM
 Assuming your temp overlay is still there but just dashed lines, we need to delete it first. Go to Menu, Menu, Page, then Edit Data Overlay. Cursor over to the nonfunctional temp and delete. Then, readd the ducer temp sensor. Instead of Edit, select Add, then under the Sonar dropdown list select Water Temp. Let me know if you still have problems with this or with losing temp again.

Lowrance HDS 7 from djdj11  11/12/2010 5:11:31 PM
 Guys I got the same problem no temp just replace my x28 with the HDS 7 no temp have the ep 80 temp sensor.

EP 80 temp from Todd Driscoll  11/13/2010 6:10:27 PM
 If you have a temp up on the screen but not reading (dashed lines), delete first following instructions above. Then, with an EP 80 network temp, go to Menu, Menu, Network, Data Sources. Then select Sonar, Water temp, and make sure Water temp is on Global setting. Under Water temp, select your EP 80. A Global setting for your EP 80 will enable both of your units to read that network temp sensor whenever a temp is added as overlay.

Then, add this temp to screen - Menu, Menu, Page, Add, then Sonar, then select Water Temp.

Name:

Password:

Can't remember your password? Click here!
State:
Email Address:

Users with subscriptions can attach pictures to their comments by using the form at http://www.wmi.org/newboard/upload_pictures/"

Subject:

Comments:

Advertising/Sponsor Information
Subscriptions
Register to post messages and reports

7-11-2013

Subscribers don't receive these ads

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Upcoming Events
Rally Page
BFHP Surveys
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Other Topics
Product Evaluations

Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers & Towing
Boats For Sale
Tournament Tactics
Striped Bass

Swap/Sell
Clubs 
Fly Fishing
Hunting
Props
Fish4
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing
Political Hook
Tall Tales, Fiction & Legend
Complete Listing of Boards
Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2014. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to wmi@wmi.org

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement

Google