My Issues with Lowrance HDS UNITS..Please Read My Issues with Lowrance HDS UNITS..Please Read
Bass Fishing Home PageTM    Electronics  
Boating Equip.
Guides
Tackle Shops
Fishing Acc.
Lodging

7-11-2013

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Tournaments
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers/Towing
Props
Other Topics
Other Fishing Topics
Swap/Sell
Swap/Sell (no boats)
Props 4 Sale

Boats 4 Sale
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing
Striped Bass
Lure Making
More Politics
Co-Anglers

Electronics

My Issues with Lowrance HDS UNITS..Please Read
from Hellathump #12313  
2/8/2011 1:34:43 AM

Rated:

Guys, I wanted to share my Lowrance experience. As some of you may know, I was fortunate enough to get a new rig Z520 with Lowrance HDS 8's. I got the boat in October. To my dismasy, the HDS have been troublesome from day 1. Both of them.
They both would go black in the mornings and you would have to turn them on and off to get them to re-boot and run right. When they did run they were great units but they def had issues. After reading some reports on BBC about looking for bubbles aroudn screen corners i went a looked at both my units, to my disdain they both had the bubbles.
I sent my units in right at a month ago. I have called 3-4 times, every time the customer service answers pretty quickly(great i am thinking). But EVERYTIME i call they say the same thing. That my units are back ordered but units will be there and they have enough to cover everyones requirements. I have been told this now 3 diff times.
Against my better judgement i bit the bullet to try the Lowrance stuff 1 more time even tho my last boat Z20 had Birds with zero issues. I can honestly say that this will be my last chance with Lowrance. Why u may ask, because i have been given the run around in my opinion. All i ask is someone shoot me straight, and i cant get that satisfactaion. Also, I feel completely uncomfortable with these units in any kind of inclement weather. Lastly, 1 month to wait is 100% completely un-acceptable, there is absolutely no excuses for this to happen. There a multi-million dollar company that can keep units in stock. There not flwying off the shelves and there not anything special. I am a novice angler and novice jack potter and the ocassional AAA event type of guy.
Lowrance, I am the bread and butter consumer, and you cant keep a grass roots fisherman happy or at least tell him when his new boat will have electronics back. Guys, when these units come back( if they do) I will galdly sell them and the 2.5 yrs of wararenty for the $1500 apiece i paid for them. I am 100% done and i truly did give lowrance an opportunity. Everyone on here always asks for reviews etc. Here is my first hand experience. I hope it gives anyone out there the info they need for there next purchase and what types of issues u may have to deal with if you purchase lowrance equipment.

IF anyone can help or wants the units, please email me at robi4au@yahoo.com and i will give you my personal number etc. Thanks again

Rate this message:
1 Star

2 Star

3 Star

4 Star

5 Star

so sorry from Kennyboy #10985  2/8/2011 2:17:29 PM
 Man, I'm sorry to read about all those troubles. It sounds like, the guys who rigged your brand new boat, rigged it with the older HDS untis. B/c Lowrance has since fixed the "screen bubbles problem". I know it must be frustrating to be screwed over like that.

I just want to let guys know, that my experience with Lowrance, now, and even in the past, has been terrific. I know they can't get it right all the time. And, in the last year or so, they seem to have been getting it wrong a lot. But, as for me, I have been treated more than fairly, quickly, and am VERY satisfied with my two HDS units (although they are just a 5 & 7).

Over the years, I have had numerous medium to high end lowrance products and have been very satisfied with the product, and customer service.

Hope you get your units, and satisfaction soon.

Ken

Ken..And all over Lowrance Users from Hellathump #12313  2/8/2011 4:04:42 PM
 I appreciate your input, However i just recieved a email today that says that there still backordered and i wont receive anything for 2-3 more weeks. Now, my units have been used 3 months since October. 3 months limited use, and now i appears that it will be basically 2 months total untill i receieve them. Is anyone going to try and justify what there doing? PLease i would love to hear why or how. I need a great laugh. These units are un-accpectable and are 100% un reliable. Lowrance has had there final chance with me.

HDS Units from loydbass  2/9/2011 9:15:05 AM
 Sorry for your issues. I have two HDS 10's on my Z520 and consider them incredible units that have been trouble free since I got the boat last summer.

100%? from NCFatBoy  2/9/2011 10:04:49 AM

100% unreliable? That would mean no ones units work....

Dear Hellathump - I suggest: from Oneeyedjack #13663  2/9/2011 10:39:15 AM
 I own a small business and spend a lot of time dealing with customer service. Allow me to make a couple of suggestions.
1. Get all your details of the problems together in written form, including the previous contacts, efforts at reconciling the problem. Be sure to organize your information.

2. Then call customer service again. Begin with the customer service person who answers and give them the problem in brief. If you don't get immediate satisfaction move to next step.

3. Ask to speak with their manager. Don't let them call you back or take a message. Press to speak to their manager. When you speak to them, explain your problem in more detail.
If you don't get immediate satisfaction move on to next step.

4. Ask to speak with their manager. Continue this process if necessary until you get to the person who has the authority to put your units of FED-X today.

Be polite, but firm. Don't take no or alternatives for what needs to be done. Believe me, there is someone there who can get you problem solved.

It is important to have all your information, names of customer persons, etc. Offer to fax this to the person of authority. This will get results.

Greg Hunter from g2072  2/9/2011 1:45:02 PM
 Is the guy uyou want to speak to. He can get things taken care of. He might be a little hard to get on the phone but he did call me back and he did make things right.

Lowrance from Ronbo520 #13896  2/11/2011 2:47:33 AM
 Greg Hunter is the man. He fixed me up in no time with my H20C issues. Amazing service.

Ron

Shouldnt have to go through this from Joe from Virginia #10345  2/11/2011 8:41:07 AM
 Why should you have to seek out a particular person when you are having problems with a product. The person answering the phone or email should be able to answer the question or get an answer quickly for you.

I have used both products for many years and never had a problem until last year (2010)with a hummingbird unit. I sent the unit back to hummingbird and had it back all within 7 days. Turns out I had a defective transducer. This is what I call customer service.

Joe Lambert

You think Lowrance is bad - Try craftsman tools. from Oneeyedjack #13663  2/11/2011 11:44:14 AM
 As a rule, customer service ain't what it use to be. In the past year, I have spent an enormous amount of money with Sears (Craftsman tools) and let me tell you that you don't want to call their customer service!!! You will feel like you just had the brains sucked out of your head.

As stated in my previous post - you will always need to go up a few levels in many customer service departments to get the kind of service you need!

It shouldn't be that way, but it is. The make it difficult for a reason.

Backorder from STRETCH1 #11051  2/11/2011 2:28:44 PM
 These units have become so popular that they are outrunning the manufacturing capabilities of the factories. I agree that you should not have to seek out a particular person for customer support.

Did you take this issue to your dealer? Some dealers like Three Rivers Marine will never leave you without a unit while they go to bat for you with the manufacturer...

Update..... from Hellathump #12313  2/11/2011 7:19:52 PM
 Guys, I do appreciate all the posts and private emails. I was contacted by Todd and Greg from Lowrance. Greg was able to updrade me to a HDS 10 for a fee which is fine. And he over nighted the first HDS 10 to me and they took care of the shipping. Which is great! I have to wait until March for the second unit if i upgrade to a HDS 10 on the front. Otherwise, in 1-2 weeks i can have another 8. The big thing with me was having zero sonar/gps so i can live with just one its hard to fish blind when your spoiled with todays technology. I agree that you "shouldnt" have to go up the ladder to find the right guy. But they did explain that this is a slow time of the year manufacturing wise and they did admit to being caught off guard with returns and orders early this year. Bet you didnt know this, realistically at any one time they only carry 10-15 units of a series (ex HDS 8) in there warehouse at one time for returns etc. Sounded low to me but it is what it is. They do have a back order on a processor which is why i was delayed. I do appreciate them "talking" to me about all this. They are trying to help and that is much appreciated IMHO. Hopefully, soon most of there "issues" are resolved. Thanks again everyone..

Another thing to consider is the from NCFatBoy  2/12/2011 7:46:09 AM

Lowrance support received on this forum from Todd Driscoll.

Thanks Todd!

Can Todd get..... from NCFatBoy  2/18/2011 10:02:39 AM

Thanks for all your efforts Todd... It's appreciated by me at least!

Edited 2/22/2011 9:05:45 AM

Name:

Password:

Can't remember your password? Click here!
State:
Email Address:

Users with subscriptions can attach pictures to their comments by using the form at http://www.wmi.org/newboard/upload_pictures/"

Subject:

Comments:

Advertising/Sponsor Information
Subscriptions
Register to post messages and reports

7-11-2013

Subscribers don't receive these ads

Fishing Reports
BFHP Articles
Fishing News
Upcoming Events
Rally Page
BFHP Surveys
Fishing Tactics
Places to Fish
Rods/Reels
Electronics
Other Topics
Product Evaluations

Boats/Motors
Boat Ramp Stories
Trailers & Towing
Boats For Sale
Tournament Tactics
Striped Bass

Swap/Sell
Clubs 
Fly Fishing
Hunting
Props
Fish4
Saltwater Fishing
Non-Fishing 2
Political Hook
Tall Tales, Fiction & Legend
Complete Listing of Boards
Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2014. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to wmi@wmi.org

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement

Google