Texas SWF
Florida SWF
NC SWF
NJ SWF
Fishing Access
Fishing Cats

Post a followup to this message

SUBJECT: # 2903: Bonefishing Providencials/turks

Submitted by Rodbender (66.83.84.146) from NORTH CAROLINA on 1/12/2010 6:44:00 PM

My wife and I will be in Providenciales/Turks for a week at the end of this month. Planning on taking a couple of 8 wt flyrods/flies/flats accessories/purchase a license/get a map and wading for bonefish. I understand that there are abundant opportunities to wade on Providenciales. I have fished previously for bones in Ascension Bay and Islamorada. Any suggestions on where to focus my efforts? Should I take a 10wt outfit? Any chance of encountering tarpon at this time of year and if so - where? I would go with a guide for several days but $800 per day plus tip can't be justified. Any other thoughts before I go?

1. 2/15/2010 11:16:00 AM Submitted by Rodbender (66.83.84.146) from NORTH CAROLINA says Bonefish
    Provo turned out to be a great trip. Plenty of hungry big tailing bonefish on the rising tide near Bonefish Point on the southwest end of the island. Conditions were not good the day I fished Flamingo Lake. Caught bonefish and baracudas. Fished with flies and wiggle jigs (friend). I am suprised at the lack of response to my query. Guides there are the most expensive guides in the world so my trip was self guided. I am going back next spring because of the great bonefishing.

Go to next message
Go to previous message

To post a followup to this message use the following form:
Name:

Password:
(Sponsors/Supporters only)

State:
Email Address:

Subject:

Comments:

Advertising/Sponsor Information

Copyright © WMI, Inc. 1995-2014. All rights reserved.
This message board created and maintained by: WebMasters International, Inc. (WMI) address mail to wmi@wmi.org

WMI disclaimer
Privacy Statement
Google